Is there a transition period for PN children? Naturally, the beginning of the school year always presents some challenges, whether online or when attending face-to-face lessons. There is always a period of adjustment and setting up new routines that work for your child and your family.
If there is school suspension in August, how do we support PN children?
There are two important goals in PN:
- - support children to acquire knowledge and skills conducive to smooth and effective interaction with adults and peers other than immediate family members;
- - support children's fine motor development
- During the first week, we want the children to view some videos that we have prepared, in their own time and at their own pace. Our aim is to familiarize the children with the faces and voices of our teachers. Then from the second week to the end of August, there will be short live interactive sessions to let our PN children experience what learning with teachers and other children is like. Please ensure that the children will be wearing their school uniforms during the ZOOM sessions.
- We also provide materials to support children's fine motor development.
How does VEO support PN children and their families?
- Stories, songs and play are instrumental to the whole-person development of PN children.
- Every month PN children will receive a home learning pack with picture books, song posters, play materials, etc.
- Our videos will show the children what they can do with the above materials.
- There will also be daily interactive sessions to enable the children to experience schooling by interacting with their teachers and their classmates.
- Our teachers monitor the learning progress of the children and they will communicate with the parents regularly.
What materials can I use to support my child's fine motor development?
- Here are some ideas for fine motor activities at home:
- Our school also provides "A Prewriting Kit" 寫前準備學習套
- 1) Unscrewing the cap of a bottle
- 2) Using tongs to pick up objects
- 3) Folding towels or a handkerchief
- 4) Tearing paper
How does Ocean Pride campus compare with other Victoria Educational Organisation campuses? Victoria Educational Organisation (VEO) applies the same standards reflecting our school vision and mission at all our campuses. Ocean Pride campus overlooks the beautiful coastal scenery of Tsuen Wan Riviera Promenade, a vibrant up-and-coming district close to Tsuen Wan West station on the West Rail Line. The campus will accommodate seven classrooms. The dynamic, vibrant campus environment affords children every opportunity to engage in a variety of learning experiences through activity rooms; reading corners; mixed-age learning areas; and an indoor playground.
What curriculum will the Ocean Pride campus offer? The trilingual curriculum follows the inquiry-based learning and draws on the Columbia University Teachers College Reading and Writing Project (TCRWP) as well as Maker-Centered Learning (MCL) initiative by Project Zero of the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Our programme strives for whole child development through hands-on “learning by doing” in a wide variety of learning areas.
Which programmes will the Ocean Pride campus offer? The Ocean Pride Campus offering trilingual Nursery (K1) and Lower (K2) classes are estimated to start in Fall AY 2022/23, and trilingual Pre-Nursery (PN) classes are estimated to start in Spring AY 2022/23.
Will transportation be provided for Ocean Pride students? There will be a bus company that will provide school transportation services. The school bus routes will be subject to the demands of the student population. Parents may contact the school bus company directly after your child(ren) have been accepted to our school. More details will be provided later.
What is the admissions process? Parents can submit the application through our online application system during the application period. Interviews will be arranged for parents who have submitted the online application for applicants of eligible age within the application period.
- Nursery Class (K1)
- Due to the unstable COVID-19 pandemic situation, the first K1 interview will be conducted by video. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend the second interview online.
- Lower Class (K2)
- Due to the unstable COVID-19 pandemic situation, the K2 interview will be conducted online.
When will classes commence at Ocean Pride Campus? Nursery (K1) Class students start in August 2022 and have a settling-in period, while our lower K2 class students start at the beginning of September 2022.
When can we apply? Ocean Pride Campus Application Period for Academic Year 2022-2023
- Nursery (K1) and Lower Class (K2)
- From 8th April 2022 (Friday) 10:00AM
- Nursery (K1)
- We welcome children aged 2 years 9 months to 3 years 11 months to apply to our Nursery (K1) Class (Children born between September 2018 – December 2019)
- Lower Class (K2)
- We welcome children aged 3 years 9 months to 4 years 11 months to apply to our Lower (K2) Class (Children born between September 2017 – December 2018)
May I know the school tuition fees? You are welcome to review our website (https://www.victoria.edu.hk/en/admission-tuitionfee.php) setting out VEO tuition fee for AY 22/23 for Ocean Pride Campus.
What is the average class size at Ocean Pride campus? The classes are trilingual with maximum 26 students per class and allow a small teacher to student ratio of approximately 1:8-10.