Is there a transition period for PN children? Naturally, the beginning of the school year always presents some challenges, whether online or when attending face-to-face lessons. There is always a period of adjustment and setting up new routines that work for your child and your family.
If there is school suspension in August, how do we support PN children?
There are two important goals in PN:
- - support children to acquire knowledge and skills conducive to smooth and effective interaction with adults and peers other than immediate family members;
- - support children's fine motor development
- During the first week, we want the children to view some videos that we have prepared, in their own time and at their own pace. Our aim is to familiarize the children with the faces and voices of our teachers. Then from the second week to the end of August, there will be short live interactive sessions to let our PN children experience what learning with teachers and other children is like. Please ensure that the children will be wearing their school uniforms during the ZOOM sessions.
- We also provide materials to support children's fine motor development.
How does VEO support PN children and their families?
- Stories, songs and play are instrumental to the whole-person development of PN children.
- Every month PN children will receive a home learning pack with picture books, song posters, play materials, etc.
- Our videos will show the children what they can do with the above materials.
- There will also be daily interactive sessions to enable the children to experience schooling by interacting with their teachers and their classmates.
- Our teachers monitor the learning progress of the children and they will communicate with the parents regularly.
What materials can I use to support my child's fine motor development?
- Here are some ideas for fine motor activities at home:
- Our school also provides "A Prewriting Kit" 寫前準備學習套
- 1) Unscrewing the cap of a bottle
- 2) Using tongs to pick up objects
- 3) Folding towels or a handkerchief
- 4) Tearing paper
How does Ocean Pride campus compare with other Victoria Educational Organisation campuses? Victoria Educational Organisation (VEO) applies the same standards reflecting our school vision and mission at all our campuses. Ocean Pride campus overlooks the beautiful coastal scenery of Tsuen Wan Riviera Promenade, a vibrant up-and-coming district close to Tsuen Wan West station on the West Rail Line. The campus spans over 13,000 square feet and accommodates seven classrooms. The dynamic, vibrant campus environment affords children every opportunity to engage in a variety of learning experiences through activity rooms; reading corners; mixed-age learning areas; and an indoor playground.
What curriculum will the Ocean Pride campus offer? VEO offers the same curriculum framework at all our campuses. All current VEO kindergarten campuses are authorised International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP). The PYP curriculum is a student-centered inquiry-based programme that fosters whole person development through quality learning and teaching activities. The new Ocean Pride campus will reap every opportunity to become an IB PYP school. To further enhance the PYP curriculum, VEO has incorporated early literacy enrichment via the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project of Columbia University, and Maker-Centered Learning, developed by Project Zero researchers of the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Which programmes will the Ocean Pride campus offer? The Ocean Pride campus will offer trilingual Nursery (K1) and Lower (K2) classes starting in September 2022, and trilingual Pre-Nursery (PN) classes starting in February 2023 (pending Education Bureau and government approvals).
How much are the school fees? The license and school fees for the Ocean Pride campus are still pending the approval of the Education Bureau (EDB). To find out more about the school fees at our other VEO campuses, please visit the website (https://www.victoria.edu.hk/en/admission-tuitionfee.php).
Will transportation be provided for Ocean Pride students? There will be a bus company that will provide school transportation services. The school bus routes will be subject to the demands of the student population. Parents may contact the school bus company directly after your child(ren) have been accepted to our school. More details will be provided later.
What is the average class size at Ocean Pride campus? Our average class size will be 24-28 students per class, and the teacher to student ratio will be around 1:8-10.
What is the admissions process? While we await approval of the Ocean Pride campus license, you are very welcome to fill in an “Expression of Interest” form via https://shorturl.at/ctETY. We will be sure to keep you updated on the status of the Ocean Pride campus via email, Facebook, and Instagram.
When will classes commence at Ocean Pride Campus? Nursery (K1) and Lower (K2) classes are slated to open in September 2022. Pre-Nursery (PN) classes will open in February 2023 (pending Education Bureau and government approvals).